Samsung Galaxy 5 - Text Messaging Applications that come on your phone
kyoumans33

I'm very disappointed in the quality of service that I've been given with Verizon.  I recently got my Samsung Galaxy back around the end of July of this year (2014).  Since I've received my phone before my billing cycle ended I would always have to increase my data plan so I wouldn't be charged per data byte for going over my data plan.  I recently had to up my data plan to 40GB this past month which is out right ridiculous because I only have one line and I only use my phone to surf the net, check email, Facebook and etc when I have WiFi capabilities.  I called Verizon last Monday 11/3/14 and asked can I receive some type of investigation on why my data plan was going over the limit before my billing cycle ended each month since I got the phone.  So basically what they told me is the app called Message+ that came on the phone was tracking all my locations whenever I sent a text or picture message and that was causing me to go over my data plan because it was using data whenever I sent a message.  Why would Verizon give you an option to use the Message+ app if you have to go in and change the settings to stop background data and GPS location from happening.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  My bill for this month went from $140 to $260.  Verizon said it was nothing they could do because I was supposed to use the message app called messages as my default text messenger.  As a consumer why would you have two messaging app's installed on one phone makes no damn sense to me.  Verizon was only able to give me a credit of $20 to take off my bill and told me that I was denied an additional $70 credit (which adds up to $90 which is the amount that I had to add to get the additional 40GB plan so I wouldn't exceed my data.)  I am highly upset that I have to pay an additional damn $120 for my bill for this month because of text messaging that was already on the phone when I got it.  This is unfair and unjust and I hope whomever else has the Samsung Galaxy 5 and you use Message+ that you read this so you won't get ripped off every month by Verizon.

Sincerely a very disgruntle customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy 5 - Text Messaging Applications that come on your phone
KV56

That is the app I have been using and I have ran into a few problems. It was the app that came on the phone so I assumed it was a free app. Can you guide me on what app I should be using?

0 Likes
kyoumans33

You would need to use the app that's called messages.....I hope you weren't getting slammed over the head with excessive data charges for using the message+ text messaging app that came with your phone......

0 Likes
KV56

I haven't so far. I have ran into a problem with a contact issue and that's what brought me here. What do I need to make sure is turned off in my settings not to get charged for dataking using message+? How do I ask a question about my contact problem?

0 Likes
kyoumans33

Go to settings....data usage and then find message+ and you will need make sure restrict background data is checked off....

I'm not sure what you will need to do about your contact issue.

0 Likes
KV56

Thank you! I just checked into it and turned the background data off.

0 Likes
KV56

I do want to restrict background data, correct?

0 Likes
gmariel13
Enthusiast - Level 1

hi! just wrote a reply that was erased! sooo mad! but u should absolutely call back until u get a rep with a brain! you should not be paying for anything over 10gb and they cant give you $ back!!?? tell them u will take ur service somewhere else, like t-mobile, who will pay ur cancellation fees! thats crazy! had same prob with data on S4! it is broken so i had to go back to old android, and it isnt gonna use over 2gb!! i had to go up to 5gb with the S4, then it conveniently went over that! definitely disable the wrong text app! i use Textfree, which doesnt use a lot of data when i am close to going over texts. And definitely download the Clean Master app! will help u organize and clean ur phone! I just dealt with a $218.50 bill when a Verizon rep erased my texting! Mistakes happen, they should give u ur $ back! but once u set a data warning and limit in settings and make sure not to use the other app? get ur $ back by changing back to a less expensive plan! u should not need that much unless streaming, listening to music, etc.,!! good luck!!

0 Likes