Samsung Galaxy 5 Lollipop update issues with new features
mathnerd79

I am having various problems with the new update to my phone. Any advice for the issues below is greatly appreciated.

1) Is there a way to get my tabs BACK into Chrome? Having to go to my task manager to get a different tab or close the current one is time consuming and annoying. I want to be able to toggle between tabs and close tabs while I'm in the Chrome application.

2) I use Messages for my text message application. Currently, If I have a message open and I receive another message from that same person, there is no notification. Before the update, I would get a notification of any texts. Unless I exit the message group, I do not get any notification. Is there a setting change that I can apply so I always get notified? This issue has cause me to miss various texts and have delayed responses because I am not actively staring at the phone.

3) Is there a way to override the settings on the Mute sound? Typically, a person will put their phone on mute and set their alarm to wake them up. With the new update, I have to set mute, go to settings, set the interruptions time to 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours. This inevitably ends up with my phone starting to buzz with vibrations well before my alarm is set to go off. I can set alarm to priority, but Mute always cancels all interruptions. Having to go through 4 steps to get my alarm set each night, along with getting vibration notifications is not practical.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy 5 Lollipop update issues with new features
opiechick
Enthusiast - Level 2

In chrome go to settings and turn off "Merge tabs and apps"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mathnerd79,

We certainly want to see you enjoy your device. I can see how getting accustomed to new software can be cumbersome. I'd like to be sure that were are on the same page, what software version number is your device showing? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97648/

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
opiechick
Enthusiast - Level 2

In chrome go to settings and turn off "Merge tabs and apps"

0 Likes
mathnerd79

Build Number: LRX21T.G900VVRU1BOC4

0 Likes