Samsung Galaxy 4 randomly shutting down below 20% battery life.
greenbdc

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4.  For the past several months, once the battery goes below 20%, it can shutdown at anytime.  sometimes it will shut down at 19%, other times it will go to 5 or 4.  Anyone else experiencing this, or know of a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy 4 randomly shutting down below 20% battery life.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

greenbdc,

I don't want your phone to live on the charger. Let's look further into this and get this resolved. Did anything specific happen right before this began (new application, device changes)? Have you had a chance to try a new battery? Please restart your device in safe mode here http://spr.ly/6585B3f95 and advise if you experience the same results. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
greenbdc

Hi Tominque,

Thanks for the options.  The most difficult about this particular flaw is that it appears to be random.  Sometimes the phone hits 20% battery and works fine all the way down to  5% or less.  Other times it shuts at 19, 18, 12, etc, and once it shuts downs, it has to be recharged or it keeps shutting down.  It's almost like the % display is wrong, and it's reading ~20% when its really much lower, (and the display is built into the OS, it's not a third-party app)   I haven't tried a new battery yet, but will consider it.  If I can catch it at the right time to put into safe mode, I'll try that as well.  I did think that there was a Samsung update that might have preceeded this (although I"m not really sure on the timing), which is part of the reason I wanted to reach out here, to see if anyone else was having the same issue.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had this issue with two Samsung batteries on the Note 4, and resolved this with a third party ZeroLemon battery. It sounds like your battery is shot, if there isn't a software or firmware bug introduced.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate these follow up details, greenbdc. Please keep us posted with how your phone reacts after running it in safe mode once it reaches those percentage points. That will help out in pinpointing the direct cause of the random restarts.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes