Samsung Continuum not charging properly?
ariennag

I got this phone a year ago, and I had no problems with it until recently. It's stopped charging properly, and I have no idea why. I have a suspicion that the a/c jack has been messed up, but I don't know if that's possible in this phone. I've tried three different chargers on it, and the third one is a brand new charger I bought in hopes it'd help the problem get better. It isn't any better. The first night this was happening, I had let my phone die rather than turn it off. When I got home, I plugged it in, but nothing was happening. Eventually, an error screen came up with options to reboot the phone or do a factory reset. There were two other options, but I don't remember what they were. I did a factory reset, in hopes this would cure the problem (I've had problems with the hardware before, and a factory reset fixed it). The phone turned on, but cut right off again as soon as the home screen appeared. I got a new charger, and it brought the battery up to 54%, but it didn't seem to be able to charge any more than that. The battery charge was great, as if it was 100% charged, or about. I left it on the charger last night, and when I woke up, the battery was dead. I have it charging now, but I have to keep checking on it to make sure it actually is charging.

Also, a day before it stopped charging right, the phone would tell me that the battery was fully charged, but when I checked the percentage, it was only about half charged. I turned it off and back on, and it still said the same percentage.

I don't have insurance on this phone, but I was wondering if there is anything that I can do about it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum not charging properly?
ttct2002

Have you tried to take the battery out, wait a few minutes then reinstall it? Does your phone get "HOT"?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum not charging properly?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon ariennag.

Thanks for all of the details of what steps you've done so far.  A reliable charge for your phone is definitely a NEED! I know you said you don't have insurance, but do you possibly have the extended warranty? Has the phone been dropped, or exposed to liquid at all? It may help to have the battey replaced. http://goo.gl/TpoG8 You can also try placing the phone in Safe Mode for about a day, to see if possibly a 3rd party application is causing you to have this battery issue. Here are the steps to place in Safe Mode: http://goo.gl/wewnh

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZWSupport

www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes