Samsung Continuum Upgrade (Froyo???)
camthomas09

My Samsung Continuum just did an automatic update (Froyo??) and now it no longer works. Does anyone know anything about this and what you're supposed to do? I'm a little angry that this happened and I had no choice to deny the update. Verizon better not make me pay for a new phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum Upgrade (Froyo???)
Rockys

I am a little angry too!  Actually a lot angry!  I am having all kinds of trouble with mine since the update.  We pay too much money per month to not be able to rely on the phone to perform like it is supposed to.  Verizon has got to do something about this.  You are not the first person I have heard about other than me having trouble.  Good luck!

0 Likes
jboo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're not alone!!!!   Check all the forums on here.   Lots of people are having problems.  They are saying a hard reset of your phone will fix the glitches but it does not. I've had 3 done to my phone.   My Continuum went haywire after the update last Tues. Because I was still under warranty, had the phone 7 months, they sent me a new (used) one.  I activated it Sat and it worked great, UNTIL it auto-updated Froyo 20 minutes later.  Then same thing happened.  Phone pretty much disabled.  I'm going to try one more time. They're sending me another Continuum that I should receive today. Apparently Samsung has no plans for a patch and won't claim responsibility for problems. Then again, neither will Verizon. 

0 Likes
jbrown84

Just updated my Continuum as well...no screen, will not power on, will not respond to the charger. I get no reaction from any external button. If anyone has a resolution. please post asap. (2.2 Froyo is not the way to go)

0 Likes