Samsung Continuum: Ringtones
ContinuumUser19

I recently upgraded from a Motorola Devour to a Samsung Continuum. So far, so good. About the only thing I haven't been able to figure out how to do is how to set custom ringtones (not the ones provided from the factory) for people in my contacts list. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum: Ringtones
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

ContinuumUser19,

To save a specific ringtone to one of your contacts, first pull up the contact by pressing the Contacts icon on your display. Once you find the contact that you want to assign the ringtone to, press Menu and then Edit. One of the fields will be Ringtone, so press that field. All of the ringtones you have downloaded, as well as the ringtones that came with the phone, should be an option. Select the ringtone and press Save, and you should be good.

PS please make sure you are not doing this while the phone is plugged into the computer with a USB cable, as doing so does not give the option of the downloaded ringtones in that case. It will only give the options of the ringtones that the phone came with if it is plugged in with a USB cable. 

I hope this information is helpful. 

Best regards, 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum: Ringtones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If the Samsung Continuum is like the Samsung Fascinate, I believe that you can only set up a custom ringtone for a contact that was saved as a phone contact. For some reason, the TouchWiz UI prevents you from setting up a custom ringtone for contacts saved as Google contacts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes