Samsung Continuum - Froyo 2.2 Update Failed - Error Code 403, 405
andrewiskandar

Hello,

I recently found out that my Samsun Continuum has a Froyo Update to 2.2 (yeah!). However, everytime I try to download the update, it downloads 100% and on the reboot, it has this picture of the android being unpacked out of a box and a status bar, but the status bar never completes. It stops and the box gets replaced with a triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

I then check the update and is says "Update Failed" and in phone info is says "Status: Update Failed" and "Code: 403" or "Code: 405"

The Name is: SCH-I400_CommercialPackage_EB01_EC09

I've done this like 6-7 times throughout today...

Any help/thoughts?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum - Froyo 2.2 Update Failed - Error Code 403, 405
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Does it go to "update failed" on it's own?  If I remember correctly, the triangle is one of the screens shown during the update process.  The update process does take a while and many people freak out and pull the battery. 

0 Likes
Triplescrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

That error code just means that the update wasn't allowed to complete; either because you messed with it or it lost its data connection. Just don't touch your phone at all while its updating, the second 100mb download takes awhile especially when restarting.

0 Likes
justanothernumber3346
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our family has two Continuum's...

DO NOT UPDATE TO FROYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both phone died and we lost all of our apps, and wasted two entire nights fighting failures.

the screen pops up with "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.     Force Close"   You can't do a **** thing with this phone after that...if your lucky you can move back one screen before it locks up...maybe select one item...usually not...

I'm sick and tired of having failures on phones!   This is three phones in a row (3 contracts) that can't live the entire life of my contract.  I suspecting that at 1.5 years into the contract bugs are pushed to your phone making you hate it and renewing a contract for another 2 years...who can afford the $499 straight up fee. 

Switching to another company when this contract is over...they can't be any worse.

jboo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with above- DO NOT UPDATE FROYO!!!!!!!  if at all possible.  Last week my 7 month old Continuum auto-downloaded Froyo and my phone went haywire.  Could not access app/ calls/ or texts.  Fully charged battery died in less than 2 hrs Smiley Sad I took it into Verizon store and they ordered me a new one, because I was still under warranty.   Lost everything but my contacts.  When i activated the new Continuum, it auto downloaded the Froyo update, and IMMEDIATELY my new phone was doing the same as the other.  Verizon claimed it was not their fault, that it was Samsung's, even though the "source" stated Verizon.   They said my only option was to use my husbands upgrade.  I refused and tech support walked me through a factory reset to "fix the glitches".  It did not !!!!!    She also stated this update is causing huge problems.   I plan on fighting them to get a new phone.  But I now have to wait for them to receive my old one, before I can return the new one.  Will be without a phone for 10 or more days !  They need to acknowledge the issue and help fix it!

Triplescrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is very strange that the update affected your phone like that. At least for me and my family our Continuum's all work much better. Better battery/ faster load times/ faster everything. I'm not sure why it's bugging out for you guys.

0 Likes
jboo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to Verizon store again yesterday with 2nd phone.  "Supposedly" Verizon will release a patch for the update in the next few days, even though, at first, he told me Samsung hadn't released the patch to Verizon yet!!!  Really?  Get your story straight!  I don't hold much hope!  It seemed they all were aware of the problem.  This agent seemed to just want to get rid of me. They offered me a Droid X2 but the reviews on that phone aren't too great Smiley Sad  I loved my Continuum, and never had a problem before this update.

0 Likes
bandccapps
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not even worth fighting them.  They tell me the same thing.  I will be receiving my FOURTH replacement phone tomorrow within the past 3 1/2 months.  This is absolutely absurd!!! I am tired of loading everything to new phones and having to download all of my apps all over again not twice, but FOUR times!!! I am so sick of this phone.  It had been doing decently well until the upgrade, now it is shot all to crap.  I cannot wait for my upgrade, 6 more months (if the phone will make it that long).  My battery dies by 10:30-11am when I just unplug it at 8am, it is overheating to the extent that I cannot touch the screen upon charging, the touch screen only works about 1/2 of the time, my texts are disappearing, the texts I send are sending at least 5 times each, and I am not receiving my phone calls but somehow magically missed calls always appear.  This is ridiculous, Verizon and Samsung should be ashamed to sell such a product to their loyal customers!!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes