Samsung Continuum 2.2 Update Froze My Phone!!!
yoursinsn2me

I was excited to see that I was scheduled for an update this morning.  I let it do its thing and left it alone and when it powered back on, I had no data connection whatsoever, even though it was enabled, and the ticker widget has a lock icon by it.  I have recently been told there is a Verizon data outage in the Southern states, so that could explain THAT problem.  However, ever since this update, my phone has been freezing.  I keep getting the error message "Activity android system (in process system) is not responding" and it gives me the Wait or Force Close option.  Neither of them have fixed the problem.

I also use LauncherPro in place of the standard phone launcher, and now it is frozen on the screen "Complete action using (either LauncherPro or TwLauncher)" yet it will not let me choose either one.  The haptic feedback keeps buzzing and then stopping.  I have already done four battery pulls.  Am I going to have to do a factory reset?  This would not bother me as much if I had a list of all the apps and things that I use.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum 2.2 Update Froze My Phone!!!
Triplescrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

You did make sure to update twice right? There were two updates.

If you did then I'm not sure what it is. I've had some data dropouts after the update but a simple restart fixes it. Also my phone has been running like a dream and hasn't frozen once, unlike 2.1 which was a mess in that department.

I'd think it was one of your Apps screwing something up, IMO.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Triplescrew for assisting yoursinsn2me.

yoursinsn2me, it is recommended to perform a hard reset on a device after a software update. Please be sure to back up your contacts with Google contacts or the Backup Assistant. Pictures should be saved on the SD card already. As far as your applications, there is no way to back those up. I recommend to jot down which applications you have downloaded.

For instructions on how to hard reset your device, follow the link below:

http://bit.ly/xEIS7J

Thank you,

Lena A.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jboo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

LenaA: I've had 3 hard resets done to 2 Continuum's since the update killed my phone.  Did not fix anything.  I spoke with tech support 3 times, been to local Verizon store 2 times, spoke to Samsung 2 times, and still no phone for 7 days.  I am getting another Continuum over nighted to me.  This will be the 3rd one.  We will see what happens tomorrow but I don't hold much hope.  Would love to know if anyone has a "real" fix!!  Verizon and Samsung are passing the blame.  Just find a solution!

0 Likes
jboo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ Triplescrew:  technically you can't "update twice" because it is automatic.  Unfortunately apps don't seem to play a part in the problem.  I had a brand new phone sent Sat & activated it.   I did not download any apps before it updated and screwed up again.  I'm glad you're not having a problem- you're one of the lucky ones Smiley Happy  2 of my personal friends have the same phone AND the same problem since the update.  Frustrating!

0 Likes