Sales Rep lied to me. what do I do?
colllllinhose
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm 18 years old. A few weeks ago I broke my Galaxy s3. I do have insurance on it, but I figured I might as well go to my local Verizon store to see if they have any promotions.

Long story short, I told the sales rep that I wanted the Galaxy s5.

All was fine and dandy. He asked me what color I wanted, and told me about all of the accessories.

He said the phone was in a promotion for existing customers and it would only be $99 plus $30 for an "extended early upgrade contract."

Before he got the chance to transfer the contacts from the s3 to my new s5, we found out that I had a bill that I still need to pay before he could let me upgrade early.

that was fine. I asked him how long the promotion would last and he said it would last until june 30th. Went home and paid the existing bill I had. The next day I came in. A different sales rep was helping me this time. he told me that if I wanted the Galaxy s5 then I would need to pay $200 for it. Plus $30 mail in rebate.

I told him that yesterday I was in this store and the other sales rep told me a completely different story. he went and talked to the sales rep that was helping me the day before. Came back and said "the sales rep that helped you yesterday said that he did not tell you that." I then asked to talk to the store manager. Told her the whole situation. She more or less sided with her employee. I politely told her that her employee lied to me. I said " well, I was lied to about the price of the phone. The phone I currently have is broken. I'm your customer. What can you do to help me? "

She looked at me, picked up her phone and strsrted talking. A few minutes later she got off the phone and outright said " I can't do anything for you. "

I then just walked out. I'm a customer. I know I only 18, but I do work for what I have. I give them hard earned money to be treated like a simpleton.

I haven't been able to use my phone for close to 3 weeks now and I still have to pay my bill.

Can someone please just help me out here?

I have no clue as to what else I should do..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sales Rep lied to me. what do I do?
Not applicable

Use the insurance if you have it http://www.phoneclaim.com/Verizon

Manufacturer warranty does not cover breakage. If you pay for Asurian they do. Be prepared to pay a deductible up to $169

Or go to http://www.swappa.com and buy a used device and simply go online after you receive it and swap the emeid number from the new phone to replace the old phone.

You can also pay full price and do the same thing I mentioned above.

Good Luck