SWYPE missing....any hope of getting it back?
titaniumbuyer

Hello Verizon and Motorola:  EPIC FAIL now that SWYPE is gone after the Kit Kat upgrade.  I know that thousands of us would appreciate you getting it added back when you do another update.  Please consider doing this quicky.  And WHY do we HAVE TO accept your damn upgrades/updates?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SWYPE missing....any hope of getting it back?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Now that we are all hooked on Swype, it's available as an app in the Playstore - 30 days free and then you pay, but for now it's only $0.99

Swype Keyboard Free - Android Apps on Google Play

Swype Keyboard - Android Apps on Google Play

Swype Leaves Beta After All These Years, Lands on Google Play for $0.99 | Droid Life

FitDoc

So it has always been seamless until now.  If I'm understanding this correctly, we lost Swype and have to purchase an app to get it back.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Swype was licensed during beta and that's why devices had it. Swype stated this in their beta forums and onces they went out of beta those licenses expired.

Has nothing to do with manufacturers or carriers. This has to do with Nuances choice in how they licensed things after purchasing Swype.

heid3865
Enthusiast - Level 1

I refuse to download and pay for an app that gives the warning things will be seen/read what you type (credit card numbers). How do I get swype back? Drop the service and find a new phone, because I am not using it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They ALL will give you that warning. Including the keyboards that were preinstalled.

vspoke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon really screwed things up with this "upgrade".  Swype disappeared and the new message center sucks, you can't delete multiple text messages.  Any way to revert back to the older version???

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

heid3865 wrote:

I refuse to download and pay for an app that gives the warning things will be seen/read what you type (credit card numbers). How do I get swype back? Drop the service and find a new phone, because I am not using it.

Do you think the Swype version you had didn't already do that???