SMS notifications clearing immediately using VZ Message+
USER_Max
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I use a Sony Xperia Z3v and I recently updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. I had previously been using Sony's built-in SMS application, called "Messaging". After I updated, Son'y Messaging app stopped working. The app still opened, but I could not send or receive any messages. [This is problem #1]

Next, I switched to Verizon's Message+ application. It fixed problem #1, but created a new problem. [problem #2] Now, whenever I receive a new message, the notification disappears/clears immediately. If I happen to catch it, an icon appears in the status bar for about 1 second or less, then clears. The Message+ icon on the home screen does not show a bubble with a number of unread messages (like the calling app does), and when I open the application, the unread messages are not bold as I would expect them to be. It seems as if perhaps some application is marking all incoming messages as read and clearing incoming notifications for SMS. This does not seem to happen with any of my other apps, not even the built-in Sony calling app.

I tried clearing the cache, and data through the Application Manager. It did not fix the problem #2.

Please let me know if are experiencing similar issues, or if you have any solutions for either problem. I am not willing to "try" a factory reset or "try" uninstalling each of my applications one by one as debug steps... These are last resort steps that I would only take if I had some certainty that it would fix the issues.

Thanks,

Max

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SMS notifications clearing immediately using VZ Message+
Not applicable

Hi EVERYONE,

Re: SONY XPERIA Z3V

SONY is working on the fix to this issue which affected a number of apps. Once they upload the patch your device will also update. 

-ALIE@VERIZONMESSAGES

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JusPal954
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here. Very frustrating

0 Likes
Re: Re: SMS notifications clearing immediately using VZ Message+
USER_Max
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi JusPal954,

I just tried the procedure outlined by hshrews in Re: Sony Xperia z3v update ? Msg problems.

It worked for me to fix problem #2. In summary, disable Message+ from the Application Manager. Power down phone your phone and leave it powered down for a few minutes. Turn the phone back on and re-enable Message+ from the Application Manager. I now get status bar notifications that remain in the status bar until I read the message. I also get the unread bubble on the app icon, and unread messages are bold until I click on them.

In the brief time period between powering my phone back on and re-enabling Verizon Message+, I tested out a send/receive SMS using Google's SMS app. I was able to receive but not send. Hence, this does not fix problem #1.

Good luck,

Max

Tags: sony z3v, sony xperia z3v, sms not sending, sms_fail, verizon message+

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi EVERYONE,

Re: SONY XPERIA Z3V

SONY is working on the fix to this issue which affected a number of apps. Once they upload the patch your device will also update. 

-ALIE@VERIZONMESSAGES

0 Likes