Re: Ok I didRe: SMS Custom Notifications keep resetting on A50
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The software is working as designed. When you deleted the entire text message conversation, it also deletes any custom notification sounds associated with that text conversation and contact.

The text message conversations will keep the custom notifications as long as you don't completely delete the messages from each contact. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Ok I didRe: SMS Custom Notifications keep resetting on A50
catblacktaylor

So you are saying if I want to keep the custom notitications for the over 20 contacts that text me I have to keep all their conversations and the text message stream from all of them. That makes no sense and why would I want to keep all that data on my phone and not free up that storage. Me and my family have had almost every Galaxy phone from the first S series and every Note model over the years and my husband has a Note 9 and my daughter has a S10 all with the same Android Version 9 with 1.0 One UI and never did we have to do that on any other device. So it seems like only THIS device has to do this. That does not make sense from a design and developer standpoint since the OS is not designed for each specific phone model, it is designed for all the models. The phone is the device that sets apart any features or enhancements not the OS. I still say there ia a software compatibility issue with the A50

0 Likes
Re: Ok I didSMS Custom Notifications keep resetting on A50
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your satisfaction is important to us and we want only the best for you. When you navigate to the Contact app and selecting Edit are you only able to adjust the RIngtone and not the Notifications for each user? Have you considered testing the Verizon Messages application available in the Play Store that may offer a more positive experience?  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes