SIM card message on moto e4
Lah3907

Overnight I get a symbol in top left of screen. It looks like two asterisks with a small plus sign at the top of the,. When you scroll down and open it says SIM card. Get Verizon service . Tap to get Verizon service. When tapped says please try again or contact us to complete order. This phone has been active for a long time. I can make and receive calls and text, but cannot use data. Which I have plenty left. Customer service did trouble shooting, advised new SIM card. Got one. Verizon store put in same problem. Did trouble shooting with customer support..no results. Called customer support back, did trouble shooting again. Finally put in ticket. Got text today with video about signal.  I went and bought a new phone, activated and same problem.  However, if activated with new number, all is fine.  Please help. Did not want to change numbers.

0 Likes
Re: SIM card message on moto e4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lad3907,

We know how important it is to have reliable service, and are here to help. Do you know if anyone else in your area is having a similar issue? When did this start happening? Are you still noticing the symbol you mentioned on your new phone as well?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
Lah3907

It’s specific to my phone number!!! Yes, still have the problem. The other phone on my account has no problem. I activated a new phone with a different number on my account and no problem. When I tried to buy a new phone  and transfer my number, still same problem... will not allow data.  Any help greatly appreciated. Don’t want to change number😥!!!! 

0 Likes
Lah3907

The other phone on account works fine. When I activated new phone with my number , yes same symbol. So had my number transferred back to original phone. Problem still there. I kept the new phone, activated with new number , no problem.  So seems like it’s specific to my number. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KerryC_VZW In this case, we would recommend sending us a Private Note to proceed from here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get to the bottom of this, and find out what's going on. Making sure that you have access to data service is essential. We'll be sending you a Private Note for further review and assistance.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
pipesc69

Please help me, I have the same issue.

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes