SIM card is PUK-locked. Will not accept PUK code or PIN code.
MarinesWife

This is in reference to the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX:

I added a PIN code to secure my phone. The phone locked me out and states, "SIM card is PUK-locked." That's just dandy. So, I have entered the PUK code in the PUK code line, obtained from this devices management tool at My Verizon, and then entered the PIN code I had just created in the New PIN code line, and then again in the Confirm New PIN code line. As instructed by a Verizon representative, I repeated this for a total of six times. The representative stated that I would be given an option to change my PIN code via my Google+ account/email on the sixth attempt, and the SIM card will no longer function on the tenth attempt. This did not work. I was given no option, and I'm not that surprised. I repeated the representative's instructions two more times. I now have only two attempts left until I will need to purchase a new SIM card.

Why is there no option to set or change our PIN code through our Verizon online account and device management? And why must I purchase a new SIM card when the fault lies in the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX that I had to purchase through Verizon? And no, I did not forget the PIN code, nor did I incorrectly enter the PIN code a total of eight times. I have gone so far as to follow Verizon representative instructions stating to do a hard reset several times. I've performed the twelfth factory reset and the SIM card is still PUK-locked. I am not going to follow anymore useless instructions that will drive me to a forced purchase. Not even the Verizon representatives know what to do other than me having to purchase, wait for, install, and activate a new SIM card. I've been researching this issue in an attempt to find a viable alternative. I've found none thus far. Although, through my research, I've found a large quantity of Droid owners who've experienced this exact same software error. Customers do not appreciate having to throw money hand over fist for phones, services, and SIM cards, and many might say prices are already a bit high for phones (that become outdated soon after purchase) and services. No, it's not that expensive for a SIM card, but it's the principle of the thing... and I'm big on principles. Thanks to the Verizon representative's hard reset instructions, I've already lost all of my contact information, and also some photos and videos that can not be replaced. Am I now going being forced to put more money into Verizon's pocket for an issue that was no fault of my own, but that of the phone's software?

Labels (1)
0 Likes