SD card locked - Droid Devour
equusaside

As a <Moderator> locked another thread on this topic because I replied to a message 2 years old, I am afraid I have to start it again.  My Motorola Droid Devour is telling me the SD card is locked.

I have tried restarting the phone. Many times.

I have tried removing and re-seating the SD card. Many times.

I have tried following these directions (copied from the thread I apparently can't comment on, as it's old):

"I plugged my phone into my computer. Chose manage memory card option. Transfered data fine. Then using notifications menu on phone, Chose usb connections, switched to modem mode. Stopped usb device with windows, and unplugged. Memory card unlocked now."

Unfortunately, these steps don't work for me, not least because windows shows me no USB device to stop when it's in modem mode.  I have not found a way to unlock the card using any computer or USB connection interface.

Help, and thanks!!!

<The original discussion was locked after it was reported to the moderation team for being an old thread started in 2011.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SD card locked - Droid Devour
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi equuusaide,  Let's get you back into your pictures and media!  When connected to your computer are you able to transfer the data off of the card?  If not, have you tried inserting it into a card reader in the computer?  If your data is transferred off of the card I would suggest formatting the card when inserted into the computer and then move your data back to the card.  Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to provide additional support.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes