Re: SD card erased after kitkat update??
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the hint, stef7!  Most appreciated and I will give that a try!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of any lost files and pictures from your phone BirdOnTheBeach! While it is not possible for us to retrieve your lost files, I hope that we can regain your trust. Be assured that any software update developed by manufacturers is intended to improve the performance of your phone. I highly recommend backing up your pictures and important files to a cloud service going forward. While many cloud services exist, I recommend installing and synching to the Verizon Cloud to protect your data. http://vz.to/14QbP0I

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks AntonioC_VZW, but trust, once broken, is not easily repaired.  My trust is trashed. 

Thankfully I do update and some pictures were backed up.  But not the most recent.

I still think Verizon or Samsung, at the very least, owe me a new SanDisk card.  It was my property and these companies destroyed it.

0 Likes
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

stef7,

I did get a couple of the programs to try and they didn't work.  I WAS amazed, however, to see that one of them ( PhotoRec...the really geeky one) could see my card when no other reader, computer, or program could even find it.

As another person mentioned in a post, for some reason I was granted moments of visibility...flaky, but in those moments I was able to grab my pictures off this card.  I am greatly relieved.  The card is in the trash.

0 Likes