SD Card Not Recognized
Coathalia

In trying to sort out my disk space issues I found that my external SD card is basically empty. It looks like I have an internal SD space (when I try to move apps to SD I get a 'SDcard shares the same disk with OS' message) along with the external one. The external one shows up under settings > storage but I can't get any applications to move there.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SD Card Not Recognized
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can store photos, music, videos, and data files on the external SD card.  Applications are stored on the device internal memory.  Some apps allow data to be stored ont he SD card, but the app itself is on the device.  It's an Android thing.

0 Likes
aleciasmith9

SuzyQ:

I have a similar issue.  I'm out of internal storage space so I bought an 8GB micro SD card for my LG Optimus Zone 3. Imagine my surprise when at first the SD card was registering and then it stopped.  I have no way of knowing whats on the SD card to have made it stop registering.  I have no way to knowing how to erase what's on it.  I have a limited income so I can't just run out to the store an buy another one.  Any pointers or suggestions or tips???

aleciasmith9

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use an adapter to view the card contents on your computer.  You can move music, photos, videos, etc onto the SD card with a file manager app on the phone, or with the[hone connected to your computer via USB cable.  Once the files are safely on the card or your computer, you can delete them from the phone's internal storage to free up space.

0 Likes