S6 Edge WiFi Problems
bbonz001
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is an odd one to me. Im having problems on my S6 Edge on my HOME Wifi only. And, only with specific apps.

Apps like SnapChat, Facebook, Netflix, refuse to load on my home network. Whether i use 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz makes no difference.  They all work fine on any other WiFi network i connect to, and fine on 4G.

If i put my phone into Airplane mode, then connect to my home Wifi, everything again works perfectly. I dont understand this!

I have spend hours troubleshooting, going through all the normal steps regarding the phones settings, reboots etc,  and have tried multiple different things on my Router. The fact that everything works on Airplane mode leads me to rule out the router completely, and point a finger at the phone again.

I cant 100% pinpoint when this started to happen, as to start with i just assumed it was just my TWC internet being as reliable as TWC is in NYC. But this problem did not happen when i first got the phone, and there has been one or two updates pushed OTA, recently-ish. And im generally a believer in if something worked fine before, and the only thing that changed was an update, then this is probly where the problem lies.

Thanks, and i appreciate any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S6 Edge WiFi Problems
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you looked at your security settings on your router? Firewall? Firmware?

Are all the apps up to date? Have you tried uninstalling the latest app update for the app that won't work?

bbonz001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, thanks for the suggestions.

The Security settings on my router have not changed. I have tried different DNS settings, static IP, Dynamic IP.. Nothing works.   But seeing as everything works with the phone in airplane mode, i fail to see how my router could be the problem in this case.

Have uninstalled the apps and re-installed multiple times. Have done a boot cache clear, cleared the cache of the apps.. etc etc. Still unchanged.

Any ideas Verizon? This could just be an App incompatibility with a change to the firmware. But again.. Airplane mode works. Im stumped.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The fact that your phone connects to other Wi-Fi without issue means the phones Wi-Fi is working, it's just not getting along with your Home network. At least that is what I'm taking from your earlier comment that it only has trouble at Home. Have you gone to Starbucks? McDonalds? Friends? Work? Hotel? Airport? Any issues there?

I would start looking into what putting your phone into Airplane mode does. OR you could use the manufactures warranty and get sent a certified used one. OR if you have any friends on Verizon have them come over and try to connect to your Home network; obviously if they had an S6 that would be ideal.

0 Likes