S6 Edge Charging Problem
Angelina020302

Starting a couple weeks ago, my S6 edge (purchased about a 1 month and a half ago) no longer would charge consistently. I believe this occurred after a software update. It started with being unable to use certain chargers (all ones you plug in the phone), but now none of them work. When my phone is off, when I plug in the charger, a picture of the battery comes up, with the two lightning bolts, but it doesn't indicate that it is charging (i.e. it isn't green), and the battery percentage doesn't increase.I didn't do anything to the phone. Could this be related to a recent update? Any guidance for ways to troubleshoot this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S6 Edge Charging Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Angelina020302, It is very important your device gets charged so you can it. Let me address your concern about the charing issue. I appreciate the information your shared. I checked and no known issues related to the recent update we noted to effect the battery or charging. Does the charger have a loosely fitting connection into the phone? Is there any corrosion or liquid damage around the charging port or on the device itself? Please check to ensure you have a snug fit for your charger and keep us posted so we can assist further.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Angelina020302

The connection is snug and there are no signs of an appearance issue with

the charger or my phone. My husband's edge s6 charges with no problem on

my charger.

On Oct 13, 2015 1:43 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's good to know that your husband's phone is working well, Angelina020302! I'm concerned, because you mentioned that you think this coincided with a software update. Has your husband's device received the update also, or has it still not been pushed to his device?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Angelina020302

It hadn't been pushed/he has been delaying it because my experience. He

also recently got a replacement phone, which may be why we are out of sync.

On Oct 13, 2015 6:05 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes