S5 did a factory rest on its own? How do I get my info back?
jhoze

I was Mt. biking this morning and I heard my phone restart.  when I pulled it from my pocket it was stuck on the red Verizon screen for 3-4 minutes with no functionality.  I pulled the battery and tried to power back up.  The screen came up and said it was updating # of 181 apps.  After 5-10 minutes it came up to the Samsung register screen like it was a new phone.  Went through the steps and found that the whole thing (including my 95% full 64 GB SD) was wiped clean!! WTH happened?  At the time it happened I had Samsung health tracking my ride for over an hour,

Lollipop upgrade installed in March.

Pattern screen lock was set so no way possible it could have triggered manually while in my pocket.

How can i recover the data

Was this caused by Verizon? Android? Samsung?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S5 did a factory rest on its own? How do I get my info back?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If you have done a backup to Google ,VZW Cloud or some other service you need to reset your accounts, log in and restore your backups. Let's hope you have save all information before this happened.

View solution in original post

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If you have done a backup to Google ,VZW Cloud or some other service you need to reset your accounts, log in and restore your backups. Let's hope you have save all information before this happened.

jhoze

Thanks,

only thing backed up are my contacts.  Anyone have experience with recovery software they can advise on. such as Dr.Fone

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I would recommend you stay away from that in reference to your phone as it can cause more problems then needed at this point. It's available but costs $$$.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I agree.