S5 contacts stopped working
AZTeach

Just got my S5 last month.  Everything was fine until the lollipop update.  Updated this week and now every time I try to open my phone or contacts,  I get the "Unfortunately,  contacts had stopped" message.  I even booted in safe mode, and it's still happening.  A phone that can't make phone calls? ? Really?  Besides a factory reset, what are my options?  This is frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S5 contacts stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The last thing we want is for you to have to factory reset the phone. Do you happen to have Google+ installed on the phone? If so, please uninstall the latest Google+ version 5.0.0.85934159  from the Play Store.    TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Very few I fear, first try doing a System cache clear and the other would be the factory data reset. In some cases the system cache clear will work for your problem and at other times not. Even the FDR will not solve all issues in all cases. Your issue is a well known 5.0 problem on this forum. We can only wait and hope for an update to be push out, but at this time their is no talk of or any official release date. I would urge you to contact both Samsung and Verizon at the Corp management level.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The last thing we want is for you to have to factory reset the phone. Do you happen to have Google+ installed on the phone? If so, please uninstall the latest Google+ version 5.0.0.85934159  from the Play Store.    TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
miller13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done both but my contacts will not work. I have also have had problems with my battery ever since lollipop. It was just fine before but now it doesn't last 4 hours without needing to be charged. What else can I do to get my phone working properly?