S20 Android routes call to wrong person when bluetooth voice call by name in Toyota
Wizard3

When I make a "call by name" using a bluetooth link between my S20+5G Android and my 2012 Toyota the call consistently goes to the wrong person. My Android is successfully paired with my car. This happens with more than one called name. Is there some sort of Voice Recognition problem going on in either my phone or my car? How can I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: S20 Android routes call to wrong person when bluetooth voice call by name in Toyota
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I've been using voice activated commands in my 2011 F-150 for almost 10 years now and know exactly what you are referring to. I have nicknames set up for my siblings and at first the SYNC system would dial out to the wrong contact since the pronunciation in the vehicle SYNC software was different from mine. For example, one of mi contacts is "madre" and I have to say "matter". What I had to end up doing is pronouncing the name different so that the Microsoft SYNC system would dial the right person. This is not an issue with your smart phone, this is just the way your car's software is set up for voice commands. We recently purchased a 2020 Explorer and this one comes with an updated SYNC 3 service and it has no problem recognizing my contacts with the regular pronunciation. It looks like the software in old vehicles is outdated and don't recognize your contacts correctly. Try doing what I did and modify your pronunciation a bit to see if it picks it up.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes