S-Voice, what the heck...???
Aikidood
Contributor - Level 1

I was playing around with S-Voice on the Galaxy Note II, looking up places like Walmart, Walgreens and the S-Voice gave me the results that are at least 20 miles away... What the heck?!?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S-Voice, what the heck...???
Aikidood
Contributor - Level 1

So nobody has this problem but me eh? Or does everyone else use Google Now instead of S-Voice?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I rarely use either.  I use S-Voice for hands free dialing and that's it, and Google Now only when I am expecting packages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aikidoo - S-Voice is pretty sweet! I also have a few tips to offer when it comes to that feature too! First let's help S-Voice pin point your location better. Start from your Home Screen>Press your Menu Key>Select Settings>Choose Location Services> Turn on all three options for Location Services. S-Voice needs these active in order to better locate you and offer the best recommended destinations/searches.

I performed a few tests here on my side, and originally I was getting the same issue you were encountering. As soon as they were activated, its searches were much more accurate versus being a general search! Something I discovered too is that it helps to be a bit more descriptive. If you say, "What is the closest *fastfood name*? It will give you a general local search. If you say, "What is the closest *restaurant/fastfood place* to me? It actually gives you the closest location! Pretty neat!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you Aikidood, enjoy and take care!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes