S Voice no longer works on S4 after upgrade
piccolotsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

S voice has not worked since the upgrade. When I press the button on my bluetooth my S4 defaults to Google Voice, which does not work. Google Voice will not call or text, just does an internet search. Very frustrated as I use S voice daily and am now without a hands free driving option. I did the wipe cache partition reboot. Tried turning Google voice off completely but then could no longer use voice entry on any other apps. Anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S Voice no longer works on S4 after upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello piccolotsk,

Your patience is greatly appreciated on this matter. I'm confident that together we can get this resolved for you.
While the software update can not be removed once installed, I suggest performing a factory reset on the device. Once you have done so, please test the S Voice feature before re-adding any apps on the device. As always, we suggest backing up your info before doing the reset. Here's a link on the steps for the factory reset, http://vz.to/SwMCEw

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wdon

Mine is upgraded 2 days ago, and just tested the S Voice, it works prefectly. It may be other apps cause problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

piccolotsk, we want to ease your frustrations and resolve this issue for you. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? If so, some 3rd party application software can affect the performance of your device. Try uninstalling a few applications and power your device off/on. Try to access S Voice and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
piccolotsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not add any apps after the upgrade. I did download the S voice upgrade yesterday and that did not fix the situation. Can i remove the system upgrade? The use of S voice/ being able to use a blue tooth device is much more important!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello piccolotsk,

Your patience is greatly appreciated on this matter. I'm confident that together we can get this resolved for you.
While the software update can not be removed once installed, I suggest performing a factory reset on the device. Once you have done so, please test the S Voice feature before re-adding any apps on the device. As always, we suggest backing up your info before doing the reset. Here's a link on the steps for the factory reset, http://vz.to/SwMCEw

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
piccolotsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not an option! I have read about others being told to do the same thing and it is not fixing any of their problems! I did the wipe cache partition several times and turned off all but the absolute necessities. Battery life being sucked out of my phone as well. I hate Kit Kat and am starting to really hate the phone I loved before the upgrade!

0 Likes