S-4 lollipop issues still.
nothinghere

Verizon techs have reset the phone twice. Did all the other tricks cache etc. To no avail it still gets really hot. I have no sound during calls. The Samsung splash at start up is silent. It freezes up and restarts itself. It lags. I get a message that says

"unfortunately the ui has stopped working". It also goes dead to touch, you touch the screen or go to restart it or shut it down and it does nothing.

All of this started at a slow build up for the last 4-5 weeks I had this new OS. After a week a local store told me they could do nothing and a patch was coming week 2 a reset was done. Now it's pretty much a paper weight.

I have 5 months left on the contract and a phone that is messed up due to a OS change. Samsung told me I can get it fixed if I pay for it.

Verizon says it's out of warranty can't replace it.

Google since they made the dam OS would just laugh I'm sure.

So any suggestions help? I would hate to switch to Sprint just to get out of this contract cause I like Verizon.

The phone was great as was Verizon the 18-19 months I had it. Until that day In May.

Thing is I did nothing to cause this why should I get screwed?

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S-4 lollipop issues still.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could buy a used phone - an older model of some types of smart phone could be $100 or less. OR if you bought something a bit "newer" another s4 perhaps or s5 you could not only use it the remainder of the 5 months, but at the end of those months you could qualify for a $25 discount on the line access fee for being month to month, if you choose to keep using it and not upgrade. It depends on what data plan you have though.

Just keep in mind a lot of phones have already automatically updated and a lot of them still glitch. If you believe it's a system update issue with your current phone, then when the new update rolls out you could fix your s4 and sell it to cover some of the cost of the used smartphone you did buy.

In theory you could get a used s4 or s5 for around $150 to $250.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could buy a used phone - an older model of some types of smart phone could be $100 or less. OR if you bought something a bit "newer" another s4 perhaps or s5 you could not only use it the remainder of the 5 months, but at the end of those months you could qualify for a $25 discount on the line access fee for being month to month, if you choose to keep using it and not upgrade. It depends on what data plan you have though.

Just keep in mind a lot of phones have already automatically updated and a lot of them still glitch. If you believe it's a system update issue with your current phone, then when the new update rolls out you could fix your s4 and sell it to cover some of the cost of the used smartphone you did buy.

In theory you could get a used s4 or s5 for around $150 to $250.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
nothinghere

It is unfortunate that you are still having software issues with the phone. I am sorry to learn that you have had to go through this experience. Thank you for going through the necessary steps with us to try to get the phone in working order. We most certainly don’t want to see you go to another carrier. I understand that you are no longer under warranty with the phone, have you looked into our Certified Pre-Owned devices? Here is a link to our site with more information regarding the program http://vz.to/1Jc4wQX

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nothinghere

Fixed got an I phone 6

0 Likes