Rss Feeds on Samsung Continuum not working after Verizon Update
tacosRcool

I have been wondering for awhile why my Samsung Continuum will not recieve Rss feeds when I subscribe to them. I have read very little on why or how to fix this. This sucks as those Rss feeds are really useful. My bro's and my phone (both the same phone) have this problem. I have not reset my phone. Anything would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rss Feeds on Samsung Continuum not working after Verizon Update
nihahane
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem after undate from verizon. need help

0 Likes
raphana

Same here!  Since the DL17 update, SNS/RSS fees no longer work.  C'mon Verizon!  For what you charge us, things must run smoothly!!!  Promptly send OTA update to fix this issue, and others, as well as Android 2.2!!

0 Likes
Token
I'm having this same problem. Any word on if a patch is coming? I would be happy with Verizon just admitting their update was worthless and gave us an update letting us know they are actually aware of the issue rather than saying they dont know whats going on and offer to replace a perfectly good phone because they wont listen to their customers. Simlar to what raphana said...for what we pay they could have atleast tested the update before putting it live!
0 Likes
Re: RSS Feeds on Samsung Continuum not working after Verizon Update
tacosRcool

Well this is strange. My brother's phone magically started to receive RSS feeds once again. All is well with his phone but mine is still the same. I decided to do a factory reset on my phone. RSS feeds started to work again but only for about a day. Now I am getting a service connection not ready message when I try to subscribe to some of the preloaded RSS feeds on my phone. Now I have no idea what to do.

0 Likes
vzwuser1000

Same problem - RSS feeds stopped working. Did a factory reset---which is hugely timeconsuming btw---and now they seem to be working again, at least for the moment.

0 Likes
t7519

Same problem on two phones in my household:  No RSS feeds since Februrary 1st.

0 Likes
vzwuser1000

Just as a previous user noted - my rss feeds worked for about a day after the reset but are not working now. Worked fine prior to Samsung update.

0 Likes
t7519

I noticed this evening that I had received RSS feeds on one of the two Continuums in the household.  The first feed one had a time stamp of 1:24 am CST (Feb 10, 2011).  I have no explanation for the improved behavior. 

The other phone is still not receiving any RSS feeds

0 Likes
tacosRcool
My phone magically started to receive RSS feeds again. It still sometimes have a connection error but after I turn my phone off and then turn it on,it starts to work agai. Strange...
0 Likes