Rogue password on home screen
LanetteLynn

Somehow my cell phone changed the home screen to an older version that had a password. I typed in the old password and it did not work.  Verizon store suggested I check out my gmail account and use my gmail password. No luck there. Or, I could wipe out all my info and start clean. Not willing to redo my calendar and all my contacts....again.   Has anyone had to fix the problem of a rogue homepage password issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rogue password on home screen
budone
Legend

All your contacts and calendar if set up correctly initially, will be in your Google account and can be easily synced back to your phone after a master reset

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

All your contacts and calendar if set up correctly initially, will be in your Google account and can be easily synced back to your phone after a master reset

0 Likes
LanetteLynn

Thank you budone.  That is what I ended up doing.  Contacts were saved (thank goodness!) but my calendar must not be set up or synced properly.  An idea on how the calendar could be saved for (hopefully not but better safe than sorry) future resets?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Create the events in the gmail calendar and not the phone one.  You can select which calendar the event is saved to when you first create the event.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes