Ringback Tones!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!
Brittney929

Ok does ANYONE know how to download Ringback tones on the Droid WITHOUT having to go on the website... there has to be a way, the simplest phones verizon has can do it from the device. PLEASE let me know, no one can give me straight answers! Thanks!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringback Tones!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

The reason Verizon's "simpler" phones can download ringback tones from the device is because those devices can access Verizon's VCAST music service.  At this time, the droids cannot access Verizon's VCAST music service.   In order to purchase ringback tones, you must do so from the Verizon Media Mall.  There is no such app for the android operating system that lets you access Verizon's VCAST service.  Ususally the VCAST is only on the cheaper phones that do not have a proprietary operating system on them (WinMo, Android, or Blackberry OS devices not included).  Sorry!

TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Brittney929 wrote:

Ok does ANYONE know how to download Ringback tones on the Droid WITHOUT having to go on the website... there has to be a way, the simplest phones verizon has can do it from the device. PLEASE let me know, no one can give me straight answers! Thanks!!!

You cannot download Ringback Tones or upload your phone. Ringback tones are stored to Verizon's servers. So it is impossible.

0 Likes
bhall238

There is an app on the Market named Ringdroid that lets you make your own ringtones from music stored on your phone.  The app is free.  You can select which part of the song you want to use and then store it and use just as if you had paid for it.  I have made several.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Brownz

you can do the same thing online using makeownringtone.com

0 Likes
callahanhoward

LOL.... Its pretty simple actually you can do this. I got my droid a week ago and figured this one out pretty qickly. This is what you do:

From Your Droid Click Market

Next Click Verizon, which takes you to vcast apps

Lastly down load vzw tones 4.0 

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

That app is brand new, as I have had my droid since nov. 6th and it didnt exist until the other day.

0 Likes
garypalys

There is a app that is pre-installed on the Droid 2 called V Cast Tones.  You can search for a ringback tone there and purchase it.  If it is not installed on your Droid, simply go to Market, hit the Verizon tab and look for V Cast Tones...

0 Likes
bluntster2

thanks had droid for a week went online to purchase and could nort get called verizon the didnt know what he was doing. so got it thanks alot.

0 Likes