Rezound Must Not Warrant a Home
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

I have the Rezound and happen to love it.  I have seen others complain that VZW has not given it a home in this forum.  I guess my only answer is that this phone must be without problems.  That would be my heart, but my gut says that it has not sold well, and thus does not qualify for a spot.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rezound Must Not Warrant a Home
Wildman
Legend

If I would guess that the Rezound is basically a TB with a little diffrent hardware and due to the hardware having suce simularies it wouldnt make since to make a seperate area that would most likely have the same information on both area on issues and solutions, kind of like the Droid 3 and Droid 2, so much alike.

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

To me one of the big plusses of a phone having it's own area is for future buyers to look and get feedback before buying a phone and also if they need assistance once they have gotten one. I would never think to look in other phone areas in case they are similar.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That makes since but separating devices that are similar means using more server storage, I think this is more of a method to minimize storage.

0 Likes
bkhorn
Enthusiast - Level 3

How does that take up more server space? All you are doing is creating a Folder so to speak and messages go in that folder. If you combine it with another folder you will still take up the same amount of space. At least that is the way it works on my servers. If you have 500 messages in one folder or in another you still take up the same amount of space.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There is more to setting up sub directories than creating a folder on the server..   Normally a separate virtual environment is configured to store the information referenced to the thread and also you have to direct and verify numerous links to the destination and verify that they are correct, create addition sub-links on the site that goes to the directory and this is just the start of creating a separate directory....  Oh and did I mention that IT department has to be contracted to make these changes and this cost.

If all it took was to make a folder then when a server upgrade is done you would not have so many import and export issue when transferring the data from one to the other.

This is a simple process for a IT rep but it is still more of a process that some may think.

0 Likes
bkhorn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wildman, You did a very good job of explaining why. Now that you explain it I seem to remember some of this. That is why I am not a Web Admin. I will stay with my Servers 🙂

Thinking about getting this phone for my wife to replace her Eris.

Good Job,

Brad

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I give you that one but there is enough things that users get worked up on and you should know that sometimes its easier to give a simple answer to avoid any confusion..

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

"If I would guess that the Rezound is basically a TB with a little diffrent hardware and due to the hardware having suce simularies it wouldnt make since to make a seperate area that would most likely have the same information on both area on issues and solutions, kind of like the Droid 3 and Droid 2, so much alike."

Wildman, sorry, but I have to agree and disagree at the same time. I agree with your reasoning about the time, trouble and expense involved in setting up a new forum. I disagree with the assumption you made in the above quote. Many others who haven't actually compared the phones are making the same mistake. I admit that it may seem that way, but if you can take the time to actually try the Rezound, you'll understand why those of us who have moved from other phones to the Rezound are a little defensive and passionate about it. I had the Thunderbolt and now have the Rezound and there is no comparison. If they were the same with minor changes, I wouldn't have spent the money to get out from under the Bolt so I could get the Rezound. I won't take up the time and space to list all of the differences, but they are only somewhat similar in looks. The Rezound is a completely different phone and superior to the Thunderbolt and most other current phones in every way possible. Many things were changed that they don't even list like a different radio for the network connection and much improved antenna's. With the Rezound I can now be tethered to my laptop at work for 12 hours with a stable 4G connection. With the Bolt, I had to settle for 3G occasionally and jump through several hoops to refresh the connection every 5 to 10 minutes to get that.

I've said this before, but every other Android site has a Rezound forum. Only Verizon doesn't and the Verizon site is where most new owners will go first for support. To brag and complain about their phones and discuss accessories. Unfortunately, they'll have to go elsewhere to do it. Most new users wouldn't think of going to the Tunderbolt forum for help with their Rezound because they are vastly different phones. It seems odd that Verizon doesn't support what I and many others believe is the best phone in their lineup. They don't support it with a forum and their few short ads that stress Beats are a joke and misguided. Dr. Dre must be paying for the advertising. Just my opinion, but the Rezound deserves much better.

Or maybe I'm just so passionate about it because my first Android phone was the Thunderbolt.

Sorry for the rant

Message was edited by: pat3332

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You was ranting?   I thought you was just voicing opinion ....   You have a point but when all is compared you would see that there has been very similar issues with the Rezound compared to the Thunderbolt and by this reason alone I would guess this is the reason Verizon hasn't created a separate area..

But on the same note I have to agree about one thing, some devices gets special treatment and I only say this because the iPhone 4 and 4S has separate areas and everyone knows Apple hasn't changed that device since the 2G , well there is still possible for the Rezound to get its own area but I wouldn't hold my breath..

One more thing to consider is the statement about others forums having a Rezound separate area, I am guessing that those sites supply device specific roms and patches that would fry another device if applied to wrong device..

0 Likes