Rezound Forcing Facebook Contacts to Dialer
wolfgang239

Hey Everyone,

A friend of mine borrowed my phone to check his Facebook. For some reason, they decided to log me out of the app instead of using the browser version as I had asked. Needless to say, it messed a few things up. The only thing of real consequence was the fact that my dialer contacts (not People) are overrun with hundreds of individuals I only wish to communication with on Facebook. They happen to have their phone numbers listed on FB, so they got imported into my dialer. This was never a problem before today. I received the OTA update for those of you who might think it matters.

My attempts to fix this have included everything from multiple combinations of logging in and out of the FB app (and selecting "sync only with existing contacts"), deleting the application data, reverting to an earlier app version, and deleting the entry in Accounts & Sync. After none of that worked I performed a factory reset. Still, every time Facebook forced all of the contacts into my dialer.

Any ideas? I have worked very hard to get my phone exactly where I want it to be, only to have that be foiled by a stupid error somewhere in the chain.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rezound Forcing Facebook Contacts to Dialer
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Is it possible you didn't wait for it to sync after choosing sync with existing contact?  It may be a while before it syncs (unless you go into accounts & sync and force a sync) and so the extra contacts may stay for a while.

0 Likes
wolfgang239

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I tried forcing a sync and the problem persists. For now I've just resorted to deleting all Facebook data. If after I do this (thereby removing all of the unwanted contacts) and then set it back and force another sync, they all come back again. Pretty annoying.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Something I literally just stumbled on (I was trying to simulate your problem), open your people app and, at the top where it says people, you will see a down arrow.  Press this and it will give you a list of contact "sources".  I'd be willing to bet facebook is checked and, if you uncheck it, the extras will go away.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Clear your contact data and cache. Clear your facebook data and cache.

0 Likes
wolfgang239

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to respond. The funny thing about this problem is that it only shows up in the dialer (eg. hitting "phone" on your home screen and typing numbers to access contacts). The people app doesn't get filled up unless as you said you check the Facebook in the pulldown.

I don't suspect that they are related, but this never happened to me when signing in and out of the Facebook app before the OTA update.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Try clearing the dialer cache and data

0 Likes
wolfgang239

Tried this and Facebook data/cache as well. No luck. Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So you tried the dialer, contacts, and facebook?

0 Likes
wolfgang239

Yeah its been an exciting Friday night. No luck unfortunately.

0 Likes