Restricted Number
MrFleshman

Is there anyway to find out the exact number of a restricted call?  I looked at my call log through the Verizon website, but all it gives me is 999-999-9999.  Thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Restricted Number
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

No one likes to receive those annoying restricted calls.  We're sorry that this is happening to you. We can definitely answer your question about find out out who called. Unfortunately, if a number is blocked we do not have a way for you to find out the actual number. This is due to the privacy regulations of that caller who wishes to keep their number anonymous. You can block restricted numbers through our Verizon Family Base and Usage Controls | Verizon Wireless application. Click the link to learn more.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter

VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

restricted means restricted, some folks pay for he service.

0 Likes
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

No one likes to receive those annoying restricted calls.  We're sorry that this is happening to you. We can definitely answer your question about find out out who called. Unfortunately, if a number is blocked we do not have a way for you to find out the actual number. This is due to the privacy regulations of that caller who wishes to keep their number anonymous. You can block restricted numbers through our Verizon Family Base and Usage Controls | Verizon Wireless application. Click the link to learn more.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter

VZWSupport

0 Likes
MzNy

My question is, regarding a "restricted number".  I know the person who is calling.  And their number is in my contact list. What I don't understand is why it's coming up restricted. They said they don't have their number set up that way. And no one else they call, sees them as being restricted. It's only me. To the best of my knowledge, I do not have any blocked numbers under my new phone number. I haven't even seen that option. Can someone please enlighten me as to how this may happen? It's driving me nuts. lol.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Nena_Rob
Enthusiast - Level 1

If they wanted to maintain hidden they shouldn't be calling what about our privacy why do we pay a phone company for to keep the harasser privacy? What about us? They should not be calling at all for that matter.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we understand wanting to avoid spam calls. Please go through this link to go over what to do when you receive spam calls: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218765/

Please let us know if this helps.

KerryC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Restricted Number how to stop calls going to voice mail
stevepaul6

I am covid 19 positive my doctors calls show up as restricted this happened 3 times, it goes directly to voice mail and they do not leave there number. My health is at now high risk I have checked and have no blocked numbers.  The HMO I belong to does not assist as there team works remote 

0 Likes
Re: Restricted Number how to stop calls going to voice mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, stevepaul6. Have you tried resetting all your settings? This will remove any adjustments you have made on your device including any that may be causing this issue. TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
1imaccmatt

I'm trying to get the number that called from restricted

0 Likes
kichagumi

That is a legal load of  Bovine Stratacology  ..B.S!  

Calls can be traced and ALL information available , especially to law enforcement!

Do not know why you would want to spew false information and spread incorrect facts instead of the legal facts in actually helping not being a hiding coward 

0 Likes