Reset/Reboot
docfreed

Is there any way to turn the Droid off (or reboot) from the screen, i.e., a widget or shortcut?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reset/Reboot
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

docfreed wrote:

Is there any way to turn the Droid off (or reboot) from the screen, i.e., a widget or shortcut?

Moto Droid?  If so, press and hold the On/Off button.  It will give you the option of "Silent Mode", "Airplane Mode" and "Power OFF".  It doesn't "reboot", but it does shut it off.  Once it shuts down you'll have to press and hold the On/Off button again to turn it back on.

0 Likes
docfreed

Read the post - I said the screen, that is a widget or app - we all know how to use the on/off button

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

docfreed wrote:

Read the post - I said the screen, that is a widget or app - we all know how to use the on/off button

My apologies Doc.  Your right, I should take a reading comprehension course, I suppose.  There are apps / widgets that will do what you are asking, but you have to have root access for them to work.

FWIW: I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few Droid owners out there who didn't know about the long press On/Off options.

0 Likes
docfreed

Right you are - since I have no desire to chance bricking, I'll have to live with it as is. 

0 Likes