Requesting the Xperia z5 compact
jjwolverine
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just going to throw this out there hoping an exec sees this even though that's a low possibility...

I know that you just announced the Z4v with great fanfare, but everyone knows its got some issues.

But I just saw the Z5 and Z5 Compact leaked and I want one. Badly.

Not the 'Zv' version with a different(ugly) body, but the Sony version. You can put a giant Verizon logo somewhere, I don't care. Just please stick with what Sony designed and not tack on an old model body.

And please please the Compact. Give us a great compact and I won't even care if it is hideous, I'd still get it. You've ignored compacts for the last couple of years; I know this because I'm still hanging on to a Razr m. Your last mini was a Galaxy 4, your last Xperia compact was never. Throw us a bone and release a good phone that isn't the size of a brick please.

Thanks for listening

Labels (1)
Re: Requesting the Xperia z5 compact
hhggzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I second this motion.  I still have my razr M because I want a small phone.  I would be happy with the S6 mini, the z5 compact...  Something small and up to date.  I hear from people quite often that they would prefer a smaller phone but don't feel like they have a choice anymore.

_rashanjs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Third!

I really want this phone and I'd hate having to choose carriers to get it. At the least allow sony to support your network bands.

The Verizon phone portfolio is disturbing. All these 5 inch plus devices, I really cant deal with it. My pockets don't like it, my thumbs can't reach it, and my hands can barely hold it. The iphone 6 strikes perfectly here. A 4.7 inch display that is really ideal, and even though it's not quite small, it feels better in hand than my galaxy S5.

Let's give the customers some options. I don't watch movies on my phone, but I want a good camera in a stylish device. Give it a go Verizon, WOOT!

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I agree. What makes it even worse is that the Z5, Z5 compact and Z5 Premium have all been announced today. The Z4v has not even been released. It was supposed to come out in the summer. We are 21 days (at the time of this writing) and the Z4v hasn't even had a release date. I want a Z5. There is no point in the Z4v even being released. What does it look like to release a Z4 variant when the Z5 has been announced. Makes no sense at all. Please Verizon, please somehow get us the Z5.

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Another reason for us to have a Z5 instead of the Z4v...the Z4v was announced on June 16. Still no release date in site!

Experience the Freedom to Play with Sony’s Xperia® Z4v Smartphone Coming to the United States Exclus...

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

DON'T LISTEN!  We DO need the z4v -- assuming that you use the standard (for Verizon) lead time, the soonest you will get a z5 out is NEXT YEAR some time.   A lot of us have been waiting and waiting for the Verizon release of a z4 and CAN'T WAIT UNTiIL NEXT YEAR  (our current phones are too old and having problems).  Give us the the z4v NOW and then start working on getting a z5 out there. PLEASE!

Tidbits
Legend
drennrodri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! Please add the Z5 compact to your lineup. I am holding to your network by a thread and a Z5 compact would extend our business. 

imnotcool
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to jump on this bandwagon as well.  I have been waiting for a phone with good specs that is not the size of a piece of plywood and is not an iphone.    There are lots of gigantic phones to choose from.  Please give us at least one good option that is smaller.

Please bring the Z5 Compact to verizon.  My money is waiting to be spent!

Thanks for listening.

Tidbits
Legend

Read 2 posts up. No matter how you clamor if the rumor is true you'll never get one on Verizon.