Re: Requesting the Xperia z5 compact
NetVandal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, please, please work with Sony to make an Xperia Z5 Compact for CDMA.  Sony and Verizon clearly have a working relationship because we keep getting Verizon versions of the full size Xperia phones, but there's a unfulfilled market out there for the compact versions.  I have an iPhone 6 and find it to be too big, but it's the smallest modern phone offered. I don't want to have to switch carriers just to get a reasonable sized phone, so please offer one.

Re: Re: Requesting the Xperia z5 compact
xshift

>> Read 2 posts up. No matter how you clamor if the rumor is true you'll never get one on Verizon.

@Tidbits

The article states there is a rumor of a 4th version (Compact Premium) of the phone that would be Japan-only. Nobody here has requested that one; they asked for the Compact. As far as I can tell, the Compact (and the other 2 versions, regular and Premium) would be available. If I'm misreading, please let me know.

Regarding the original post, we would love a smaller phone, too. I need a larger one for eyesight issues, but my kids would really like a smaller one they could actually fit into a pocket.

0 Likes
Ninjapirate83
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES. I really hope Verizon gives us the Z5 compact. Most wanted phone!

hafoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

13th? Anyways I hope this will be offered too, or I'll have to buy one from Sony and switch to t-mo to use it :((((

damn US carriers

Tidbits
Legend

Might as well buyou your devices outright. If everyone did the mobile landscape might be better in the US.

hhggzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see the Z5 compact is now appearing overseas and is available, unlocked, on ebay.  The question is - how do I find out for absolute certain whether I can activate and use the phone on the Verizon network.  I've looked at the frequency listing and it "should".  However, "should" is not the same as "will". 

Does anyone know how to get this information from Verizon?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Does it support block C spectrum? No then it will not work.

0 Likes
vodanh

This will be the first time i've ever posted about wanting a phone. I want the Z5 compact. There are people who love the high res, the giant screens. There are options for that. I want a smaller phone that fits comfortably in my hands, 720p so it doesn't burn too much battery just to display, that is plenty of detail for me, and a battery that lasts 2-3 days. I had my razr m for 3 years+ and finally had to give it up because the battery was finally dying. If I got an original new battery i'd still be using my razr m. I have a G4 now, and its great, however, nothing beats a compact functional form factor that works great as a phone, with long battery life, and media/camera as a secondary function. I don't even get why people are so concerned about on board camera. If you're going somewhere that's worth pictures taken, bring a Point and Shoot camera. I have yet to see any phone camera beat the picture quality on a standard ELPH canon camera that's on refurb sale for $60.  The things you do most on the phone should be to call, msg, email, and some video for information, and the longest lasting battery possible to stay productive. Media is secondary, or get a different model for media consumption.

0 Likes
celldan
Enthusiast - Level 1

If we post a re-request a (this) compact phone everyday ya think V will pay attention?

0 Likes
katzmopolitan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agh, really want this too.

0 Likes