Request an Update from Verizon Customer Service on Samsung Lollipop Issues
moleculechef
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've posted on a different thread about some of the issues I've experienced with my Galaxy Note 3 since the Lollipop upgrade and have found many other users have the same problems (including Galaxy S4 users).  The main problems are:

• There has been a noticeable loss of radio signal (both phone and data) since the upgrade
  • Once service is lost the phone no longer will reacquire the phone or data signal unless the phone is rebooted

Customer service has suggested:

• Rrebooting
  • Removing the battery
  • Removing the SIM card
  • Opening in safe mode
  • Uninstalling Android System Webview updates
  • Factory reset
  • and several useless troubleshooting pages

None of the customer service recommendations have solved the problem and although people continue to post on the older threads there haven't been any recent responses from Verizon.offering any insight as to what is being done.

This appears not to be an isolated issue and having to reboot our phones every time we.go somewhere where the reception drops to 0 bars is unacceptable.  What I would like to hear from Verizon customer service is what is being done to remedy the issue.  Has someone investigated why a software upgrade would cause a drop in radio signal?  Is Google/Samsung/Verizon working on a patch to return performance to the level it was before Lollipop?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Request an Update from Verizon Customer Service on Samsung Lollipop Issues
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

When you ran the phone in Safe mode how long did you run it for? Did it do the same things while in Safe Mode?  If it did NOT do these things while in Safe mode, it is an app issue conflicting with the OS.  If it did the same things follow the below.

Your best bet is to take your Galaxy to a Best Buy and go to the Samsung Booth there. Have one of the Samsung Employees sitting in the booth re flash the OS onto your phone so that you have a fresh clean install of the OS.  Make sure you back everything up first as a precaution as they could flash the phone to blank first then flash the OS.

It sounds like you have a corrupt install on the update.

0 Likes
moleculechef
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ran it in safe mode for several hours to confirm it wasn't a software conflict or issue with 3rd party software.  There was no difference in safe mode.

I don't have a problem having the OS re- flashed to my phone (if it will solve the problem).  I would be surprised if a corrupt install would give the exact same problem to so many users on both Note 3 and S4 phones.  Of those posting about this problem no one has reported that the problem was solved with a factory reset, OS re-flash, or any other solution, which is why I was hoping to get a response from customer service.  I want to know if they have had success in resolving this problem for another customer and how they did it, or if not, what is being done to develop a solution.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Customer Service will most likely not give you a straight answer and tell you this is the first they have heard about it.  I have seen the posts about FDR's etc... but have not seen anyone respond after an OS Flash.  A corrupt OS would definitely give the same issue to multiple people especially if the corruption is in the OS build on that particular server that your update came from.  The crossover on phones though is puzzling unless the multiple devices use the same OS build then it would make more sense.  The nice thing about bringing it into a Samsung employee to reflash is, if it does brick your device, they can replace it immediately

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
moleculechef

Thank you for your diligence in troubleshooting the phone to get the signal stable. We want to make sure you have the best possible service on the phone at all times. Since you were still experiencing the troubles while in Safe Mode the next step to take is to wipe cache partition. Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

Please visit the following link with those steps. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-155759/. Please let us know how this works.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes