Replacement Device
beerly

I've had my android since December 2014. In February it began acting up and turning off without any input. The screen would also freeze periodically throughout the day. In March, Verizon replaced the device with a new android. I attempted to persuade the store clerk to allow me to change to an apple device instead (I was a formerly loyal apple user for five years). He denied me. Now, another two months have gone by and the phone has decided to completely go dark. It won't respond to resets or the power button at all. The only thing Verizon would do was send me another replacement device. How is it that I've been a customer of Verizon of nearly six years and in this instance, they left me stranded with no phone for two days while I wait for a new device to arrive at my home?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement Device
rcschnoor
Legend

That is how phone warranties work. They will send you a replacement phone, but they cannot get it to you instantaneously.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Stores usually don't keep used devices on hand, and since your warranty replaces a defective unit with a used/refurbished same-model device, that's why customers have to wait for a replacement to be sent to them.

0 Likes
beerly

I understand the process of acquiring a replacement device. What concerns me is Verizon refusing to resolve the issue of this device and inability to give me what I'm paying for. In the last six months, I've had three different iterations of the same defective device.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
cowboy65
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would call the Verizon company because the store wont help they are separate from the company

0 Likes