Removing Kitkat
bazcatz

How do I uninstall the kitkat update. I am unable to use my phone properly because of the changes? Not happy as it is affecting my work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Removing Kitkat
msrkfixit1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read in other posts there is no way to revert to your prior version.  I was hoping for the same, but it appears it is not an option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bazcatz!

I regret to learn you're having issues with the update and your device. msrkfixit1 is correct, you aren't able to revert back to the previous version. However, I'd like to ask what model device you have and what's happening since the update? Let's figure this out together! Please supply me with some details.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
buckbuckley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to uninstall it, too.  I have the Note 3 and I've been so happy with the phone, until now.  After the KitKat update it is SLOW, text messaging is inconsistent, I have more problems with GPS and WiFi connections, and my phone is getting hot and the battery only lasts hours now, not a full day (or days!) like when I first got it.  Coincidence????  I was going to do a factory reset, but other posters are saying that doesn't help.  I haven't added any new apps to cause any of this, either. HELP!

0 Likes
bjkimbrell1
Enthusiast - Level 2

MY PHONE ISNT WORKING!!!!!! ALL MY TEXT MESSAGES ARE NOT GOING THROUGH!!!!! THIS IS TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!! IM NOT PAYING THESE REDICULAS HIGH PRICES TO NOT USE MY PHONE!!!!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your CAPS LOCK must also be affected by the update.

Good Luck

billsprincess
Enthusiast - Level 3

you cant and the fix to the problem wont be out til sept or oct

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to get what you pay for bjkimbrell1. Have you tried to delete all your old and long text threads you no longer need? I would also try safe mode to see if any apps may be conflicting with the new software and affecting your text. The last step to help with issues is a hard reset. What phone do you have?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
deltabond
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issues since the kitkat 4.2.2 "update".  I have the Note 3, and since that update my alarm started doing its own thing and robbing me of sleep, WIFI won't stay connected longer than a few seconds, the battery has to be charged daily now, the charger is super slow and I am now getting a message to use the original charger - which I am, text messages aren't always being sent, the camera is not the same high quality that it used to be, updates are not on time, probably since the connection is so poor to the WIFI, and the phone reception is now almost nonexistent.  I've had this OS update since May, and I'm about to do yet another factory reset.  None of the safemode type options mentioned above have helped one bit. Can someone in Verizon respond and let us know when the next update/fix will be put out.  I really don't want to have to ditch this phone or Verizon for the lack of service here.  There is no point in having a smartphone if it does not work. 

Thank you, and I look forward to a helpful response.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I keep reading how people blame Verizon wireless and other cell carriers for something not of their doing.

The upgrades come from Google and sent to the phone makers and then to the carriers.

Verizon may have some bloatware added like My Verizon or that sports app, but they do not touch the base code of the update. You have no issue with Verizon's service, your issue lies with the maker of your device.

Since other carriers are having these issues good luck finding a provider that is trouble free with the updates.

Good Luck

0 Likes