Remove Starbucks from my Text Screen
paulkartes
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I Remove the starbucks ad from my text screen.  I just switched from my IPhone for this BS.  Now you are telling me it was a huge mistake.  I am upset I pay a lot of money every month for verizon service and paid a bunch for this phone and I get stuck with ads/ apps I cannot remove.

Labels (1)
Re: Remove Starbucks from my Text Screen
Snn5
Legend

Is this the Starbucks ad that was part of some promotion with Verizon Messages app?

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

There shouldn't be any ads in the messaging app.  Which messaging app are you using?

0 Likes
paulkartes
Enthusiast - Level 2

The default one that came with the phone.  I have only had it for a few days.  I cannot even see where I can remove the text app.

Is there an app that works closer to the iPhone one.  I like this phone a lot just do not like how it texts

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I use the stock app on LG G2.  I found out that VZW was tracking too much info on me through their Message app.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What phone do you have?  There are a lot of texting apps...LOTS.  Each one has different backgrounds and features, sounds, and all kinds of extras.  You can even get different keyboards separately from apps in the Store if you want a different layout, including iPhone-like keyboards.  I use the stock LG G2 app for texting, but I also use a separate keyboard app called Google Keyboard that is more to my liking.  There is also Hangouts which handles texts and video calling built into Android phones.

0 Likes
paulkartes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  The keyboard is not the issue, it is I cannot add more than one picture at a time for a text.  And I would like one that automatically converts videos to a smaller size so they can be texted.

0 Likes
paulkartes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_2015-01-19-11-44-09.png

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a new 'feature' of Verizon Messages:

Giving a gift is now as easy as sending a Text

MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

That's not an add, that's your option to send someone a gift card of some sort.  They probably partnered with starbucks on it, or you may get some sort of a discount if you use it for starbucks.  Either way, I don't r eally see that as an add, and it's not something you can remove.

0 Likes