Refurbished Phones- a complete joke
jshea21

I would like to tell a story- a story of my "Verizon Wireless Twilight Zone" experience...would love to hear if it sounds familiar to others and how they handled it.

April- I purchase a Droid Razor at Best Buy.

September- I drop my phone- screen cracks, i bring it in. They send me a refurbished phone, speaker phone does not work. 

October- Get another refurbished phone, phone doesn't hold a charge.

December- This next phone starts getting HOT... then i get text messages saying I'm streaming data over my limit... absorbent amounts,$800 worth! So I go into a Verizon store, they ask me a million questions about my app usage, assuming that was why and see that Facebook is the only app i ever use.  They agree the phone has a problem (never try to troubleshoot) and order me yet ANOTHER refurbished phone!  they refuse to give me a new one.   Rep on the phone says they will "investigate" and get back to me in a few days.  They don't.  I ask for a credit for my troubles, they offer $100.

January- Next phone!  Won't hold a charge!  Go into the same store- the manager pays NO attention to me, 5 people working and i'm the only one in the store...Get on the phone with a customer service rep (no point in going into the store)... who won't help me.  So I ask for their manager.  She seems helpful- after telling my story for the 6th time, offers to give me the razor max instead as an upgrade (but not new).  She says she's going to call me to check in (today) to talk about the overage of data from last month as it was still under "investigation".   And also says no credit was every applied and it was not in the notes... so they will have to "listen to the recording to verify it".   one hour later i get a txt msg notifying me of my bill in 10 days- over $800. 

Yesterday- my  new Razor Max sends 200 emails to the same person on its own and clogs my mailbox.  I call Verizon, they have no explanation.

TODAY-rep calls me about the overage of data last month- with a very confident sound in her voice- says she "figured it out and that in fact it WAS me streaming data... photos via instagram and my "photo website". Sounded like she "figured me out".   I insist that I don’t use instagram nor do i have a photo website...she doesn't listen.  Finally i ask what website she is referring to, she tells me www.jsheaphoto.com.  I say "I'm not a photographer, and that's NOT my website".  She didn't believe me.  I then went to the site and saw "Jxxxxx Shea" owns that- I say I'm "Jyyyyy Shea"... that isn't me!  She didn't apologize, just said "let me go back to my manager"... I'm now waiting to hear back.  I am BEYOND frustrated, all of this in 6 months!  I am a small business owner, every hour of my day costs me money- and have spent at least 20 hours on my cell phone since April.  What do I do next?  Spent my money to get out of the contract?  Would love some suggestions.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes