Receive duplicate texts and need to resend others.
tehdude21

I've been having this problem for a while now.  I can't even remember when it started, but I seem to be receiving duplicate texts often, but it's not every single text, only certain ones here and there.  And then a lot of times, while responding to texts, if I send more than one at a time, the green arrows that show it's sending stay there for a while, then finally it will return a message not sent error and I'll have to long press and hit resend.  I notice some people had the duplicate texts and many said to reset the cache.  When I went into the app manager, the cache was already at 0.00 and couldn't be cleared.  I had two third party SMS apps, which i rarely used, so deleted those.  But the resend issue still came up after that.  The duplicate issue I'm not sure if it's been corrected yet or not.  I'll have to wait for some texts on that one.  If anyone knows of a fix for either one of these, greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Droid 3

Android Version 2.3.4

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receive duplicate texts and need to resend others.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you reprogrammed the phone to the network? Dial *228, option 1.  Are you in a weak signal area?  Is it just specific people you are getting the duplicates from?  Maybe there is a problem on their end.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes