Re: Connecting Casio Commando to my computer
Walk_the_walk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I own a Casio Commando C811.  I have contacted Verizon Support twice now asking for a Windows 7 driver and gotten no answers, except call Casio support (866-409-4394 by the way).  Called them twice.  First call, i was told that the driver lives here on this very forum.  I was driving at the time, but the answer turned out to be inaccurate, in spite of my diligent efforts to confirm that the Casio Tech Support rep could in fact SEE the driver posted on this site.  He lied. It's not here anywhere that I can find, or that Verizon Support can find.

I called Casio Support again today.  Got a Level 1 Tech who was nice, but also said at first that the Windows 7 compatible driver is posted on this Verizon Community forum.  I challenged him to point me to the exact page, and he gave me the URL that points to the thread that mentions using Air Droid for moving files.  There is no driver there.

After much legalistic questioning on my part, and efforts on his part to try to help, we came to the conclusion that NO SUCH DRIVER EXISTS.  I had him open a trouble ticket with CASIO.

PLEASE JOIN ME BY CALLING Casio Support at 866-409-4394 and asking for the driver for Casio Commandos and Windows 7/8.   The more people that ask for this, the more trouble tickets they get, the faster they will crank  out the driver.  In the meantime, I guess Air Droid is a workaround?  It is certainly not the solution.

SHAME ON VERIZON AND CASIO FOR RELEASING THIS PHONE WITHOUT WINDOWS DRIVERS!  I CHALLENGE YOU BOTH TO CORRECT THIS OBVIOUS OMISSION AND GET A DRIVER POSTED HERE PRONTO.  I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THIS PHONE IF I KNEW YOU COULD NOT UPLOAD FILES TO A WINDOWS DESKTOP.  Any IPHONE can do this.  Any Samsung can do this.

Duplicate message, refer to followup topic:

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes