Re: Cannot connect visual voicemail
mrw1

i do not subscribe to Visual Voicemail, yet I receive frequent notifications that "cannot connect to Visual Voicemail."

Additionally, standard voicemail notification is at times several days late in reporting a voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for sharing all these important details. It's definitely worrying to see you're experiencing a delay in your voicemail notifications, and we are here to help. Please tell us, does this happen while your device is connected to Wi-Fi? Does this happen while being indoors or outdoors?
Please power off your device completely and power it back on. Please let us know if this helps remove the Visual Voicemail notification and update your voicemails.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
mrw1

Thanks for the reply.

First, I am usually on Wi-Fi, but I can't say right now what mode I'm in when a voicemail is left. They should not be arriving days later. Haven't had voicemails lately, but I will now keep track of that. 

I always power off almost every night and power on in the morning. I still received those pesky visual voicemail notifications. I will also keep track of mode when I get those.... They do happen when I am in wifi mode, as I remember more vividly getting that notification when driving. I will note for the future if I get them when mobile data is on. Frankly, it should not matter, as a service to which I don't subscribe should not be searching for a connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that those messages can be a hassle to recieve. What is the make and model of your device? Has this always been an issue or was this a recent notification that started to appear on your device? Where there any changes to your phone prior to this happening? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes