Razr M hotspot not working after update
bigjwstewart

Help,

After the 4.4.2 update my Razr M's hotspot feature is not working. Seems to turn on, but nothing can connect to it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr M hotspot not working after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the problems encountered with your hotspot, bigjwstewart. Let's see what we can do to get you up and going. The only step you haven't taken at this point would be to complete a master reset. I would suggest giving that a try before we move to replacing your device..http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/63967

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigjwstewart,

Oh my! I want to make sure that every feature is working on your device without any kind of issues. Can you please power off the device and once the device is powered off all the way, please remove the SIM card from the phone: http://vz.to/1ildHSe Once you have the SIM card out leave it out for a good 10-15 seconds. Then place it back in and power it back up. Once you are back up and running let's re-test the Mobile Hotspot. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
bigjwstewart

Nope, still not working. I reset the phone and it worked a couple of times. Now it's back to not connecting. It looks like it comes on, devices see it, but the can never connect. Not even with WPA2 turned off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying the those steps, bigjwstewart. What kind of reset did you complete? Do you get a particular error message when you try to connect to it? What type of device(s) are you trying to connect to the phone's hotspot?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
bigjwstewart

I did a factory reset. wiping the phone. I've done this 4 times this week. It will work once or twice then stop. I'm connecting with an adroid tablet, a windows XP netbook, a Windows 7 Laptop, an samsung S4 phone. Nothing will connect. I do not get an error message, just tries to connect and then the nothing. I have since booted into safe mode, and it worked once. So I uninstalled all the apps I got from google play store and still nothing. Booted back to safe mode again and it didn't work this time.

0 Likes
bigjwstewart

Okay update. The hotspot will allow me to connect only after making or receiving a call.I can try all day to connect without success then make or receive a call and it connects while call is in progress.

0 Likes
bigjwstewart

Okay, after a little more testing I think I narrowed it down to the wifi radio. I can not connect to or use the wifi unless a call is in progress. My phone will not connect to a wifi network unless I make or receive a call nor can I use it as a hotspot until a call is made or received. I hope this helps, this is getting annoying. I hope there's a fix soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the problems encountered with your hotspot, bigjwstewart. Let's see what we can do to get you up and going. The only step you haven't taken at this point would be to complete a master reset. I would suggest giving that a try before we move to replacing your device..http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/63967

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bigjwstewart

Okay, maybe I'm doing this whole thing wrong but in a previous post I stated that I have done this reset four or five times already.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigjwstewart,

You are doing everything correctly. I want to review some other details here. Do you have any kind of physical or liquid damage to the phone? How long have you had the Razr M? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes