Razr M after kitkat randomly loses signal and internet.
maddyman10
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the Kit Kat update on my Razr M, my phone seems to randomly lose internet and service. It happens at random, whether I am on the phone or not, and will drop calls if I am currently talking. Only fix is to turn the phone on and off. any solutions?

Labels (1)
Re: Razr M after kitkat randomly loses signal and internet.
yMidnite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not think there is a fix yet. Verizon/Google will need to fix Kit Kat, it is a symptom of the upgrade. I have signal issues with my LGG2, just not as bad as you.

Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you enjoying your updated Razr, maddyman10. Is it only losing mobile data or WiFi as well? Do you see any error message when it drops?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
peteo80
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is now slower. The battery dies in a quarter of the time. No 4g only 3g. Hardly any reception. No emojis in texting. Junk junk junk.

peteo80
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the list goes on. Why can't you just leave things alone?

0 Likes
peteo80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keeps shutting down kindle. Grrrrrr. Had to download the Swype app from the Google store. Can't find any of my files on quickoffice. Wth!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details peteo80. I'm sorry to hear you're having so many different issues. It sounds like you are experiencing app conflict with the new OS if you left them on during the update. I recommend testing in safe mode for a full day. http://vz.to/1vtWhuj

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jtedford
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Wireless is now only 3g, WiFi reception is poor, and battery dies in about 6-8 hours of minimal use. Thinking of switching providers due to these issues. Who cares if Verizon has the best network if your phone can't access it?

0 Likes
MudMaid

I am having the same problem with Wi-Fi.  My home Wi-Fi keeps being dropped and at present I cannot get it back at all.  I have turned Wi-Fi router on and off.  Turned Wi-Fi on and off on Razr HD.  Phone cannot even find the local Wi-Fi's.  Don't know about internet access as I have spent too much of my time trying to get Wi-Fi to work.  The local Verizon store is not aware of the problem and could not help me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MudMaid,

Let restore you Wifi connection to your device! If you leave your home area is your device able to detect any available Wifi connections? Please make sure "Avoid poor connections is not checked in settings. Go to Settings>Wifi>Tap dots to bottom right>Advanced> Avoid poor connections.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes