Razr HD Hotspot
C_Homer

Has anyone figured out how to connect a PC running Windows 7 to Motorola's Razr HD?  My PC connects to the hotspot just fine, but the phone isn't connected to the internet.  The phone has a good 4G internet connection and functions very well independently on the internet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Razr HD Hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear we can rule out the actual network connection as the trouble on your Razr HD, C.Homer. With the phone connecting fine independently, that tells me we may just be looking at some of the settings for how your computer sees your phone. I would start by checking your Windows 7 computer to see if it matches the hotspot settings http://bit.ly/RcenjS on your Razr HD. Keep in mind that the Razr HD's Mobile Hotspot does not support WEP or WPA Wi-Fi protocols. Only WPA2 is supported and the default by some computers is WPA. Here's a helpful link for checking those Windows 7 settings http://bit.ly/RceQSW that also includes how to delete and readd that hotspot from the computer to try to help.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
C_Homer

Thanks. The problem was solved when my Windows 7 machine crashed and was replaced with one running Windows 8.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
legend420
Enthusiast - Level 2

So still no word on this huh???  What gives!!!   Windows 7 is the biggest player out there now on operating systems and yet I can have a hotspot from my Razr HD Maxx!!!  Grrrr   3 of my dell laptop running windows 7 all crash when I try connecting to my RHDM.   This is so frustrating!!  I paid a premium price for this phone and have dealt with this for 4 months now.  Can we get a fix?

0 Likes
TheKushRules

I have had the same problem, Windows 7 blue screens and crashes when connected to my Razr Maxx as a hotspot. To fix it I went to Intel and downloaded the driver for my Intel wireless NIC on my dell laptop. I installed the latest driver and have tested with the result being I can now use the hotspot and my Dell laptop with no blue screen.

0 Likes
legend420
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried updating intel 6205 driver and still same issue on 3 dell latitude e5420 laptops!  I've also tried Edimax usb wireless dongle and that prevents the BSOD but it still never connects.  I've been working on this on and off for months from hard resetting my phone to reinstall windows 7 and updating bios on these dells.  This is such crap and I have to have this for work and resorting to a super old hp xp laptop of which i don't think has much life left in it and is so slow!

0 Likes