Rant about my phone.
Dredimus

Back in early 2011 I left AT&T and switched over to Verizon… I was under the impression that service and customer service would both be better. So… 4 months into my contract and I had billing issues every month. Not minor ones, but major… we are talking $100+ issues every month… I had to call them every billing cycle to have it worked out. Once I finally got that straight… I started having issues in the summer of 2011. My phone was adamant that it was actually the year 2036 and I could not send text messages out, however I could receive them. I called the customer support center and they tried everything they could to help to no avail… they then patched me through to Motorola who could not help me either. When I got off work that night I received a call from Verizon. I spent over nine hours on the phone with them over the next two days (not counting the time I spent in one of their stores) while they tried to figure out what the issue was… (By this time there were several hundred others from my area who were having this issue as well and all on the Droid X). Their final decision was to send me a new phone. Instead of receiving a new droid x, I received a used one… and oddly, the next day I received a droid 2 via mail.  I sent the droid 2 back, turned on the “New” droid X and it was having the same problem, so I sent it back… at the end of the month my bill was just over $1200 even though THEY had made the decision to send me the phones… It took me over a week to get the bill situated again and then the problem disappeared.

Now, over the last three weeks my phone AND the secondary phone I have on my line (another droid x) have developed a screen flicker issue… mine will flicker for a few minutes while I am using it and if I keep going beyond that, the screen goes completely black… this has pretty much rendered the phone to be useless. I am 2 months away from my renewal date and Verizon will not help me. I do not have insurance on the phone and they tell me it’s a Motorola problem. So I call Motorola and they tell me that there are multiple complaints with the droid x doing this (as is evident all over the internet) yet they can’t do anything about it unless I send it in for 5-7 business days to be repaired and pay them a $110 fee to repair it.  They told me to get a loaner phone from Verizon while I did this… however, after talking to local Verizon stores… they don’t do “loaner” phones.

I rant because I am tired of the back and forth of the situation. I’m tired of being told that since I am already a customer that they could care less about me. It seems as though at some point in time that businesses in America stopped being “Customer Oriented” and became “Potential Customer Oriented”.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rant about my phone.
Frostgiant

Pretty sure this is the death of Verizon, your words are echo'd across the marketplace.

0 Likes
lilbit74s

I have used Verizon for years. I have a Droid X.  I am due for an update on September 1 2012, my contract is up Jan 1st 2013.

Last Thursday, my phone started just switching from screen to screen. You would have to wait until it would go back to the text screen to type a letter.

I called to get a replacement. When I received it, I had it turned on Saturday..By Sunday, the screen began to flicker. the screen would go from bright to dark. By Sunday, the only thing readable on my phone was the top 1/2 inch of screen. I called customer service. They said they would send another phone. I asked what to do for now? I was basically told, there is nothing they could do.

V

On my lunch break from my job which I am a supervisor, I went to a local Verizon, I asked if they had a loner phone since they gave me a faulty replacement phone. I was told no. I told them my staff calls in and texts me if they are not coming in to work. I also have a disabled daughter, i need people to be able to reach me. Their only solution was to change my voice message to give an alternate number. I asked what number they suggest I leave? i am not in my office often due to making rounds. They said all they could suggest is to wait until tomorrow, the new phone would be delivered. I retorted stating...no, Fed EX would leave a slip on my door (since i work 8-5:30) then i would have to go pick up the phone from the Fed Ex store, go up to Verizon and get it switched. THis could take 2 days, what do I do until then. They had no answers.

I am so frustrated. I am up to date on my bill, and am being inconveienced due to their negligence to check returned phones. Why should I not be compensated with a loner phone. We have 4 Verizon stores in the local area, none have a loner phone. There was no understanding of my situation or any offered solutions that were workable with my personal needs.

I usually fire staff for poor customer service. What happens to large company that has poor customer service? Nothing, we just have to take it. It takes quite a bit of looking just to post a complaint that I am not sure they will even see.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

They see the complaint but the bottom line is they just do not care about the complaint. They already have your money and you are tied into a contract guarantying they will get paid.

Verizon used to give loaner phones but that stopped years ago. One of the reasons they stopped it was they would give a loaner phone to a customer and their system would show they sent the new replacement phone out on August 1 (random date) which happens to be a Friday. They would place a charge on the customers bill for both the cost of the loaner phone and the new phone they sent out. they would remove the charge (hopefully) when the new phone was activated but would NOT remove the charge for the loaner phone claiming the customers were trying to steal the phone by not returning the loaner minutes after receiving the replacement. They could not understand that the replacement was not received until the following Monday as they sent it over a weekend and it would take customers weeks or months to get it fixed and only by escalating it to the Executive offices (which actually used to take pride in the Customer Service they provided) now they don't care about it as you are stuck with them for a while.

0 Likes
Dredimus

Ill be going to a prepaid service such as Boost Mobile or Corr Wireless as soon as my contract is up. This type of treatment is unacceptable.

0 Likes