RE: Galaxy Note 2: suddenly using all my monthly data allowance
JohhDohe

I never use up my monthly data allowance.

Now, suddenly, I'm using up all of it and then some long before the end of my month.

Checking my account I see that there have been days when my data usage has been as little as 0.0001 to as high as 0.18102 GB per day.

What could account for this?

I recently, in the last 2-3 weeks, had a software upgrade to the device that Verizon did, and that I agreed to.

Any idea why suddenly it started using up so much data?

Is there an app that could tell me what is draining my data that I can trust?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: RE: Galaxy Note 2: suddenly using all my monthly data allowance
wdfarmer
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Note 2 has data usage tracking built in.  Go to Settings / Data Usage.  You may want to check the boxes labeled "Limit mobile data usage" and "Alert me about data usage".  Then scroll down the screen, and you'll find a listing of the apps that have used Mobile Data, sorted by usage.

It also allows you to change the cycle to correspond with your billing cycle.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

download Onavo Count and let it run for a few days. Then look at it and it will give you details of each app that uses or used data.

In the meantime if you use Facebook and look at Videos, go to the Facebook settings and change it to NOT use Data.

then disable ANY app you do not use as many of the Bloateware apps are Data hogs.  Good examples of what to disable are

Backup Assistant

Cloud

Google Drive

Dropbox

Amazon

Amazon MP3

Amazon App Store

and pretty much any app that is pre installed.

Then change the settings on the Play Store to only update using Wifi

wdfarmer
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Note 2 has data usage tracking built in.  Go to Settings / Data Usage.  You may want to check the boxes labeled "Limit mobile data usage" and "Alert me about data usage".  Then scroll down the screen, and you'll find a listing of the apps that have used Mobile Data, sorted by usage.

It also allows you to change the cycle to correspond with your billing cycle.

0 Likes