RAZR M stuck in startup loop
acerick86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I imagine similar questions have been asked and answered here, but I wonder if this might be a unique case.

The problems initially started when my apps began to disable themselves from launching. One by one, with rapid acceleration, every single thing on my home screen refused to launch. I couldn't even get into my system settings after about half an hour. So I attempted to restart the phone, hoping that would cure the issue.

Instead, the phone got stuck on the startup portion where the Terminator Eye stares you down while the "laser pointing at you" effect played out on the screen. I attempted to restart it again (power+ down volume) and it responded by rebooting right back to Terminator Eye. Tech support suggested trying to shut the phone off completely, but at this stage of the startup process, the phone doesn't respond to the simple forced shutoff command.

I further tried to restart into the command section where you can select to reboot into recovery/ factory/ fast boot, etc. but any of the options I select launch the phone right back into the perpetual Terminator Eye. Even attempting to restart into the USB Data mode yields nothing but the dead Android with the red triangle and "No Command" written underneath (which is different looking than every YouTube tutorial screen I've seen up to this point.

Basically, I've encountered no scenario that allows any action but to reboot into Terminator Eye. I'm starting to think up scary things like "Virus" and "Malware" despite carrying several different AV/Cleaners over the last couple of years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: RAZR M stuck in startup loop
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Your phone is boot looping and it seems you have done the normal recovery items. Their is very little you can do with any degree of success at this point.The OS could be re-flashed it could work but I think is wasting your money, it may be time to look for a new phone. Sorry    Smiley Sad

acerick86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not my preferred answer, but it's the answer i guess I was expecting... I'm not so much concerned about having the phone as I am concerned about retrieving some of the contents of the SD card. I'm due for a phone upgrade in the next month anyway so I can live without that for a while.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Hope all goes well for you and that new phone. Merry Christmas  Smiley Happy

0 Likes