kollaschj

I was going to purchase the R2D2 phone with my new every 2 upgrade, but when I was able the R2D2 was gone.  I had heard it was because they were being made in Japan and the Earthquake stopped production.  Are they going to make the R2D2 any more or am I out of luck?  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: R2D2
AZSALUKI
Legend

you may be out of luck. it seems like the end of life on phones these days are less than a year (incredibles stopped in march....10 months after launch and i believe the X had a similar life span). the r2d2 came out at the end of last summer i believe? it's eol was probably already close and since it was also more of a promo type of device, they likely weren't going to produce them for as long as other devices. just my theory though.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The R2D2 phone was also a limited edition of the Motorola Droid 2 phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

kollaschj,

As the previous two posters commented, the Droid R2D2 was a limited edition product and has been retired. We don't have plans at this time to re-release it. We may have similar products in the future that will suit your needs. You can sign up for product alerts to get the latest information on upcoming devices here: https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV.

Thanks,

0 Likes
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

You could also try to find it on Ebay, there are a lot of people that large quantities of limited edition stuff then sell it on eBay after the production life has been expired. That's how I found my brand new Samsung i760 last year. Since it is more recent there may be more posts on there that are selling them, just make sure they work on the Verizon network before buying.

0 Likes
rdnkengineer
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are still searching for the R2D2 android phone, I stumbled upon it at Tiger Direct's cell phone store. The link is below.

http://www.cellstores.com/eCommerce/phones/?filterbyfeature=291&referringdomain=tigerdirect

0 Likes