Question re HTC Droid Eris
Teedoff

When it comes to updates I take it Eris owners are second class citizens. We were first told  that the 2.0/2.1 update will be coming around the end of 2009, then in February, then by the end of the first quarter of 2010.... then complete silence. Now the update for the Android is rolling but no word on the Eris. Come on HTC / VZ when should we expect to get the update for our phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question re HTC Droid Eris
Dominique

I believe the answer you should hope for is: Very Soon.

But the answer  you should 'expect' is: It'll happen, when it happens.

Not bein a smart{word filter avoidance}, but no one seems to know, and VZW hasn't said a word about it.

0 Likes
Re: Question re HTC Droid Eris
hornetjockey

Couldn't agree more, and it is getting pretty ridiculous. Considering that the leaked version of the update seemed to be pretty much ready, I don't understand what is taking VZW so long.

My best educated guess is that since they had trouble with over-the-air updates when they first started updating the Moto Droid, they want to get the update pushed through on a phone that is probably more robust than the Eris first. Once the Moto updates are completed, I expect to see them start pushing to the Eris. If they don't, I am going to become quite the pain in the [expletive deleted] for them.

0 Likes